To enable you to use the MachineryZone Service with full confidence, this personal data confidentiality policy describes the terms and conditions whereby MB Diffusion collects, processes and protects your personal data.
I -Type of data collected
The data you submit
An asterisk indicates whether or not the data being collected is compulsory or optional.
When you set up an account on the MachineryZone site, you need to give us the following data: Country, Activity, Civil status, Last and first names, Email and Postal addresses and phone number.
You can also choose to give us the following details: date of birth, picture, profession.
If you buy credits from your account, you also need to send us payment details (bank account number), which can only be accessed by our payment service provider and are subject to the "PCI-DSS"» (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). Our service provider, acting as a subcontractor, has access to those personal details strictly necessary for them to carry out their services but is not authorised to use them for other purposes. In addition, it must process this personal data in line with this confidentially policy, in application of personal data protection law.
Submission of a classified ad
When you submit a classified ad on the MachineryZone site, you need to provide us with the following information: Country, Activity, Civil Status, Last and First Names, Email and postal addresses and phone number. You also need to give us your payment details (bank card number) for the payment of your insertion costs and publication options, which can only be accessed by our payment service provider, acting as a subcontractor.
Answering a classified ad
When you answer a classified ad, you need to give us your name, email address, phone number and country. If you are applying for a job vacancy, you can import your CV.
By using the "All the equipment near me" function on the home page of our site you agree to inform us of your geolocation data to enable us to satisfy your search for equipment around you.
Customer support or flagging contact
When you contact our customer support, you need to give us your name, activity, country, email address and phone number. You can also give us personal data in the message title or body of your message.
When you flag a classified ad, you need to give us your email address and complete the comments field.
When you submit a request for quotation from our partners specialising in transport, you need to indicate to us your last and first names, postal address, email address, phone number and the transport departure and arrival sites. These details are transmitted to our partners specialising in transport for them to prepare a quotation and answer your requests for information.
Expert appraisal service:
When requesting an expert appraisal for your equipment, you need to indicate to us your last and first names, email address, phone number and postal address. These details are transmitted to our partner, Peritia Services, for them to respond to your expert appraisal request.
When you submit an equipment financing request, you need to indicate to us your last and first names, email address, phone number, fax number and your postal address. These details are transmitted to our partner, Banque Populaire, to proceed with your contact request and send you a personalised financing proposal.
The data we automatically collect when you use our services
We record the data obtained when accessing our services (or use them in any way), which includes our site and applications, in particular when you make a search, reply to or submit classified ads. We notably measure audiences - for example, we measure the number of pages viewed, the number of visits to the site, as well as the activity of visitors on the site and how often they return. We use logon identifiers and cookies, as well as your IP address to identify you and record your activity.
We are also likely to collect technical data on your Internet connection, browser and devices.
II - Use of your data
On the basis of execution of the contract by which we are bound, we use your data to provide you with services and, in particular:
- manage the publication of your classified ad;
- manage the creation and administration of your account;
- enable you to read messages received and contact other users;
- sell and invoice the publication costs for your classified ads;
- send you e-mails concerning your use of our services;
- answer the questions you put to customer support;
- put you in touch with an MB Diffusion partner;
- enable you to share a classified ad.
On the basis of our legitimate interest, we use your data to:
- produce statistics and marketing analyses in order to understand how you use our services;
- suggest personalised content to you and improve your user experience;
- send you commercial proposals and/or special offers, as a user, emanating solely from MB Diffusion and relating only to the MachineryZone service;
- combat fraud.
On the basis of our legitimate interest, we also use your data to personalise advertising on our site and are likely to personalise them with the following data, used together or individually:
- data obtained via the use of our service (classified ad categories visited)
- logon identifiers and technical details as mentioned in the previous article, which we collect via cookies and tracers.
With your consent, we are liable to:
- to use geolocation to identify your location and propose classified ads nearby.
- share your data with our advertising partners, responsible for the processing of our advertisements in order to personalise them, on our site or third-party sites.
We do not share your personal data with our third-party partners without your consent. However, if you click on an advertisement, the advertiser may know that you have viewed the page you clicked on.
send you commercial proposals and/or special offers from third parties but only with your consent which you gave on receipt of a message from MB Diffusion proposing access to third-party company offerings.
MB Diffusion does not sell databases to third-party companies.
- send your contact details to certain of our partners when you are looking for financing, an expert appraisal or transport service.
Finally, we are liable to process your data to constitute proof, in line with compliance with our legal obligations.
III - Recipients of data
The data we collect can be accessed by our service providers, acting as subcontractors, which, from an administrative and technical standpoint, contribute to achievement of the purposes indicated above (hosting service provider, payment service provider, advertising technology, etc.). In this context, the data we collect may be transferred outside the European Union. In this case, we ensure that it is transferred to countries acknowledged as having an adequate level of protection for your personal data or, at the very least, on the basis of the appropriate guarantees laid down by law.
To comply with our legal obligations, your personal data may also be transmitted to administrative and legal Authorities, solely if authorised by a court order.
Some service providers we use are likely to collect data as they are responsible for processing: they are our advertising service providers indicated here.
In addition, when you request an expert appraisal, financing or transport from our partners via online forms on our site, your contact details are transmitted to one or more of our partners (depending on the criteria you input). A list of these transport partners can be found here, expertise, financing .
Finally, when you answer a classified ad, your contact details are transmitted to the advertiser that has submitted the ad, as it is responsible for processing.
IV - Company responsible for processing
MB Diffusion, Evry Commercial Register SIREN N° 432 552 966, with its registered office located at 98 Allée des Champs Elysées, 91080 COURCOURONNES, represented by Mr. Olivier Eudes-Flavier, in his capacity as General Manager, is the company responsible for processing the data it collects on the MachineryZone service.
In the context of its administrative support (legal, accounting) and technical support (analysis tools) for the purposes sought by MB Diffusion, Schibsted France, the parent company of MB Diffusion, is also responsible for processing.
V - Retention period
The retention period for your personal data varies according to the collection purpose:
- Customer data (identity, email contact details, service usage records) are kept for 3 years from the end of the commercial relationship;
- The Geolocation data will not be kept beyond the period required to implement your classified ad geolocation search;
- Data relative to the management of your account and classified ads is kept for a period of 5 years from the time of deletion, solely for the purposes of proof;
- The documents and accounting support documentation are kept for 10 years as accounting proof;
- the data relative to your bank card is kept by our payment service provider until full payment has been received, and, for the purposes of proof in the event of a complaint, for a period of 13 months or 15 months for a deferred debit payment card;
The cryptogram of your card is only kept for the time required to perform each transaction.
- Data liable to be the subject of a court order (logon data, identity, contact details, data relating to transactions) is kept for 12 months from the time of collection.
VI - Your rights
In accordance with personal data regulations, you have the following rights concerning your personal data:
- Access: you are entitled to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your data has been processed and, in the affirmative, to access this data;
- Rectification: you are entitled to have any inaccurate data rectified as soon as possible and have any incomplete data completed;
- Deletion/Elimination: you are entitled to have your data deleted as soon as possible, without prejudice to any other obligations or necessity for retention;
- Limitation: you are entitled to obtain limitation of processing when you make an objection, when you contest the accuracy of your data, when you think that processing of your data is illegal or when you need your data to evidence, exercise or defend your rights in court;
- Opposition: you are entitled to oppose the processing of your data by MB Diffusion at any time, except on legitimate, urgent grounds put forward by MB Diffusion. You can also oppose processing for the purpose of prospecting;
- Portability: you are entitled to receive your data in a structured format, currently used, machine-readable and interoperable and transmit it to another company responsible for processing without us being able to stand in your way;
- You are entitled not to be the subject of a decision solely based on automated processing, giving rise to legal effects concerning or affecting you, except when this decision is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract and is legally authorised;
- You are entitled to make a complaint to the relevant Authorities;
- You are entitled to give instructions regarding the outcome of your personal data in the event of death.
You can also modify your User Account personal data at any time. Simply go into your Account and click on the "My Profile" tab.
You can exercise your right to be forgotten, your portability and access rights via your User Account "My Profile" tab. To exercise your other rights, please contact our customer support.
VII - Data Protection Officer
Schibsted France, of which MB Diffusion is a subsidiary, has designated a Data Protection Officer. He can be contacted by e-mail on: email@example.com or by post to: Schibsted France, Data Protection Officer, 85-87 rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin – 75010 Paris.
VIII - Security of your data
We protect your information via appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee a level of security tailored to the risk. Our protective measures notably include firewalls, physical control of access to our datacenters and information access authorisation checks.
I - What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file stored on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile) via browser software when you log on to an online service.
This means that a www.machineryzone.com cookie is sent to us every time you open a page on our site from your computer or other mobile device. The cookies saved by us or third parties when you visit our site or applications do not recognise you personally as an individual but only recognise the device you are using. The cookies do not store any sensitive personal data but simply give information on how you browse so your terminal can be recognised later on..
Cookies do not damage your device in any way but enable us to find your preferences more easily, pre-fill certain fields and tailor the content of our services.
Only you can choose whether you wish to have cookies saved onto your terminal and you can easily control the recording of cookies. For specific information on the management and control of cookies, please refer to the section entitled "Your choices concerning cookies".
II - The cookies used by MB Diffusion
1. Functional cookies
The functional cookies that we issue allow us to:
- to identify you when you log on to our site;
- adapt the presentation of our sites, applications and advertising space to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used etc.), according to the equipment and viewing or reading software on your terminal;
- facilitate your searches by retaining your preferences;
- improve your user experience by pre-filling some of the fields on our forms.
The retention period for these cookies is 13 months.
2. Analytical cookies
The analytical cookies we issue allow us to improve our knowledge of our sites and applications and improve our user pathway by establishing statistics and visit and usage volumes (categories and content visited, pathways, etc.).
The retention period for these cookies is 13 months.
3. Targeted advertising cookies
When you visit the MachineryZone site, we are liable to place cookies on your terminal to create user profiles and give you the benefit of pertinent advertising content targeting you and your centres of interest on our site, as explained in our Confidentiality Policy.
Targeted advertising cookies are also used:
- limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help to measure the efficiency of an advertising campaign;
- enable us to know whether a user who has seen the advertisement has subsequently visited the advertiser's site and taken action on the site (e.g. has signed up for a newsletter).
The life of our advertising cookies is 60 days.
III - Our partner cookies
Cookies can be deposited on your browser with your consent by our partners responsible for processing. They are then termed third-party cookies.This is the case:
- when certain modules and functions are integrated on our site such as social buttons;
- for targeted advertising purposes.
MB Diffusion does not manage the cookies of these partner companies and does not have any control or responsibility over these cookies or the use of data collected by the cookies. In this respect, you should consult the actual policy of these partners relating to these cookies.
You can view the list of these partners and check out whether cookies are deposited on your browser by clicking here.
IV - Your choice regarding cookies
You can express or modify your wishes regarding cookies as described below:
Your browser parameters
You can configure your browser at any time to enable your cookies to be saved on your terminal (opt-in) or, on the contrary, be rejected (opt-out). Some browsers allow you to define the rules for managing cookies site by site.
For the management of cookies, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in your browser help menu and will enable you to determine how to modify your wishes:
Your choices concerning MB Diffusion cookies
Over and above the technical cookies that enable us to provide you with our services, another category of cookie is deposited on our site that you can deactivate below. These cookies allow us to propose advertisements tailored to your centres of interest or environment on the Internet.
These settings will only be valid on the browser you are currently using. This choice does not affect the volume of advertising that you will see, only its relevance for you. It is based on our legitimate interest to improve our knowledge of users, subject to the exercise of your rights and consent for your geographic location.
Your choices concerning our partner cookies
We would like to inform you that by clicking on these buttons cookies will be deposited on your browser, indicating to us that you no longer wish to see targeted advertising on our www.machineryzone.com site. This being said, if you subsequently decide to delete your cookies, these cookies will also be deleted and we will no longer have any way of knowing your choices regarding targeted advertising. We will then be likely to display targeted advertising content once again, unless you refuse to receive it via the links below.
Other useful resources
For more info on cookies and the choices available to you in this respect, you can consult the following resources:
We would also ask you to contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding the cookies deposited on our site and/or targeted advertising, by following this link.